Monday, October 12, 2009

For all you Homemakers

I just found this poem and wanted to share it with you all.

HOMEMAKER"S LAMENT

To put it bluntly, this motherhood country
Is not for the faint of heart.
For you will find your days won't unwind
And this will be your part:

My breasts need a rest
My day's gone away
My son is undone
My teen split a spleen
My road is a load.
My land needs a hand.
My all is a wall.
My name is a game.
My dream's lost its steam.

But soon you'll confess even in all of this
mess
That you like this motherhood plan.
Helping God bring to earth by you giving birth
To the souls of the family of man.

So before you perish, please remember to cherish
Each child God gave you to mend.
When you're over the hill and sitting very still
They might come home againg

Of all worldly pleasures-even by the strictest measure-
Grandchildren are the sweetest rewards.
So just keep on working and going berserking
And you'll never be lonely or bored.

No comments:

Blog Archive